Just some notes about my experience installing Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2o12 Core for the first time…
Managing hyper-v from Windows 8
Enable Hyper-v Manager under Windows Features (Pro, Enterprise only)
Access denied. Unable to establish communication between ‘Client’ and ‘Server’
2. Browse trough to: “Component Services > Computers > My Computer”.
3. Open Properties for “My Computer” and select the COM Security tab.
4. In “Access Permissions” area click the “Edit Limits”-button.
5. Select the “Anonymous Logon”-group and make sure the “Remote Access” is set to Allowed.
“Cannot connect to the RPC service on computer <Hyper-V Server>. Make sure your RPC service is running.”
1. Configure/disable firewall
netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)” new enable=yes
netsh firewall set opmode disable (Not recomended)
2. add pc account as server local administrator account, set password